GOOD AND BAD CARBS

butterjoy
on 8/11/08 7:25 am - Elkview, WV
I GET CONFUSED ABOUT FOODS THAT HAVE GOOD CARBS AND BAD CARBS.  WILL YOU EXPLAIN IT TO ME AND LIST THE GOOD CARB FOODS?  THANKS.

JOY

* Our family is a circle of love and strength. With every birth and every union, the circle grows. Every joy shared adds more love. Every obstacle faced together makes the circle stronger. The love of a family is life's greatest blessing.   
     I have reached my goal! Praying angel:9896

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/08 11:10 pm - Cleveland Heights, OH
Here's a link to a site that provides a nice overview about "good carbs" and "bad carbs" http://www.goodcarbs.org/

I get about 50% of my daily calories from "good carbs," with an occasional "bad carb" thrown in so I do not feel totally deprived.  My regular carbs include oatmeal, fruits that have a lower glycemix index (lots of berries in the summer), veggies, a few nuts, whole-grain bread, occasionally brown rice or whole-wheat pasta. 

I exercise quite a bit, so the 50% carb calories works for me.  I also aim for 25% of my calories from protein and 25% from fat.  I'm getting ready to have plastic surgery, so will not be able to exercise for a while.  I'm planning to switch up my ratios to 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fat when I'm not able to exercise; hopefully that'll help me maintain while I'm recovering from surgery and cannot exercise. 

I hope some of this information is helpful.  Good luck on your continuing journey -

Kellie
butterjoy
on 8/12/08 9:17 pm - Elkview, WV
THANK YOU FOR TELLING ME ABOUT THE WEBSITE.  I SEND THE INFO TO MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS.  IT WAS REALLY HELPFUL!

JOY

* Our family is a circle of love and strength. With every birth and every union, the circle grows. Every joy shared adds more love. Every obstacle faced together makes the circle stronger. The love of a family is life's greatest blessing.   
     I have reached my goal! Praying angel:9896

Most Active