Restarting my WeightLoss...

dreamgirl119
on 8/10/08 9:14 pm - Lansdowne, PA
I had RNY 1/31/07...my WL has stopped and I haven't lost anything for months.  If I go back to basics..can I still lose or has my WL window closed.  I never reached goal, which disappoints me, but I would like to lose at least 20lbs. more.  Any suggestions?
Pam T.
on 8/11/08 12:21 am - Saginaw, MI
Your weight loss window never closes.  It's always open... even if it's just a crack to get your fingers under so you can push that window wide open again.  Your tool of the pouch is still there, all you have to do is use it to see your results.  :-)

When you hear about the "weight loss window", it simply means the timeframe when weight loss is the fastest and easiest -- during the first 18  months after surgery.  Once you are passed that timeframe it takes a bit more work and determination, but it's always possible to drop more weight if that's what you are determined to do.  Your pouch is there for life. 

My mom had RNY 5 years ago and is working on losing 25lbs -- she dropped 5lbs in the first month and is still working here way down the scale. 

So  yes, go back to basics and really focus on your goal.

* weight and measure your food
* track every morsel of food/drink that passes your lips (I use www.fitday.com)
* eat 60-80g protein (more is better - I get 100g/day on average)
* limit carbs to about equal with your protein intake - focus on complex carbs
* focus on good fats when you add them to your diet
* water, water, water
* no drinking with meals (the further out you get the longer you should wait - 60minutes)
* no soda, no caffeine, no sugar
* exercise your butt off -- sweat hard for 30 minutes a day

Good luck!
Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

dreamgirl119
on 8/11/08 8:13 pm - Lansdowne, PA
Thank you so much for the advise and the encouragement

Diana M.
on 8/12/08 10:32 am - NC
 Hey!  I had WLS July of 2007.  I am 5 lbs away from my goal, but I am on my own now (other than my pouch size.)    I lost 100 lbs in 5 1/2 months.  Lost 21 lbs Since January...sucks.  But I lost 121lbs in 12 months, so I can't complain.  However, the last few pounds are hard...so I am right there with you.  Fixing to get on the treadmill as I speak to you.  Follow those tips she said in the earlier post.  I think I will try the 60 mins before and after with liquids.  I usually just wait 15-30 minutes.  Maybe that will help me too!  Good luck...Just remember the basics.  Just wanted to let you know you aren't on your own.
You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be~ David Viscott
dreamgirl119
on 8/12/08 12:38 pm - Lansdowne, PA
Thanks Diana
dorastardd101
on 8/12/08 12:19 pm - tucson, AZ
hi, i had gstric bypass in 2004 and lost 135 pounds, from 285 to 150 but now after all this time my weight has been creeping up and now i weigh 165.  it has been up and down, so i tried to go on a diet ad now i just found out i have.  anemia but my weight is still up and now i cant get it down to at least in the 150 and now i dont now what to do?  im taking iron pills but i would like to loose the weight.  any ideas?  tell you the truth the anemia dose not worry me at all!!!!!!!!!! its the weight that i am so concerned about.  please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
dreamgirl119
on 8/12/08 12:44 pm - Lansdowne, PA
Just as Pam told me Dora go back to basics and really focus on your goal.

* weight and measure your food
* track every morsel of food/drink that passes your lips (I use www.fitday.com)
* eat 60-80g protein (more is better - I get 100g/day on average)
* limit carbs to about equal with your protein intake - focus on complex carbs
* focus on good fats when you add them to your diet
* water, water, water
* no drinking with meals (the further out you get the longer you should wait - 60minutes)
* no soda, no caffeine, no sugar
* exercise your butt off -- sweat hard for 30 minutes a day

dorastardd101
on 8/12/08 2:04 pm - tucson, AZ
thank you very much i will try the fitday, and its true i do need to do excercise. what does your daily menu look like for you? 
dreamgirl119
on 8/12/08 7:46 pm, edited 8/12/08 7:48 pm - Lansdowne, PA
dreamgirl119
on 8/12/08 7:53 pm - Lansdowne, PA

Hi Dora,
I take my lunch every day, and I work at night so my eating time is a little different, but I always carry my "Survival Bag."  Eating out is okay, but if you don't know what ingredients restaurants put in their foods.  It's like Forrest Gump says "eating out is like a box of chocolate's...you never know what you're going to get."  Believe it or not I have four insulated bags in different shapes and sizes and I always take my survival bag.  In my bag I carry the following:
EAS Chocolate Protein Shake, Dannon Yogurt Smoothie & 1 scoop of Whey Protein (in a plastic baggie) Turkey Breast slices and/or cheese cubes & grapes/or apples slices.  If I'm going out I always try to eat before I leave home. 
     My menu usually contains the following:
     EM - EAS Chocolate Protein Shake (6AM)
              20oz Hazelnut Decaf Coffee
     B -    Egg w/cheese - 1 slice turkey bacon or
             Oatmeal w/ 1 scoop vanilla whey protein or
             Crustless Spinach Quiche or
              Grits w/ 1 sl of LF cheese
      MS - Dannon Yogurt Peach Smoothie w/1 scoop of whey Protein
              (usually after my morning workout)
       L -   Tuna/Chicken/or Deli Turkey w/tossed Salad
       AS - Cheese Cubes w/ grapes or apple slices
       D -   Grilled Salmon/Meatballs/Chicken/Quiche 
               Green beans/spinach/salad
               Sweet pototo or wheat bread
I drink either Crystal Light or Water.  I don't drink "ANY" any carbonated beverages or juices or alcohol.  I don't eat "ANY" white flour products and I still cannot eat rice, pasta or drink milk. As a treat every now and then I get a 6"SubwayTurkey breast hoagie on wheat bread.  I eat 1/2 of the 6" hoagie. I also purchase & eat the 100 calorie snack pack of cookies or crackers.
            PROTEIN **** WATER **** EXERCISE **** REST
Hope this helps.

Most Active