canned chili and beans

k4rizz421
on 8/10/08 10:21 pm - Glassboro, NJ
Do canned veggie chili and fat free refried beans contain way too much sodium than I should be having on the pureed stage of the diet progression? I feel like my constant weight loss stalls may be due to too much sodium!

Thanks,
Karissa

Pam T.
on 8/11/08 12:22 am - Saginaw, MI
My Nut told me to limit my sodium intake to 2500mg per day.  So as long as you're watching your overall intake, you should be fine.

Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Tammy H.
on 8/13/08 9:55 pm - Greenville, OH
I bought some Hormel turkey with beans chili...97% fat free...Its really good, I think...But the sodium level is very high...it has 1250 mg for one cup...Here is the rest of the info on this...This is per one cup serving...3 g fat, 0 trans fat, 45 mg cholesterol, 28 g carbs, 6 g dietary fiber, 6 g sugar, 17 g protein...I guess if you have trouble with sodium that this wouldnt be a good choice...But what one can tolerate, someone else might not...Maybe you should make your own homemade...Just a thought...Good luck

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only TRUE FRIENDS will leave footprints in your heart...And may that friendship have such a ONENESS that when one weeps the other will taste salt...Friends are like balloons ; once you let them go you can't get them back....So I'm going to tie you to my heart so I never lose you.

Most Active