Vitamin Question

ricajb
on 7/24/08 6:34 am - Houston, TX

This is what I am currently taking.  I need to know what I can take together.  I know that some vitamins don't get absorbed when taken together.

Black Cohosh
Vitamin D
Biotin
Centrum
B-Complex Sublingual
Chelated Zinc
Chewable Calcum
Chelated Copper
Zinc

Pam T.
on 7/24/08 10:26 am - Saginaw, MI
Not sure what Black Cohosh is, so can't advise on that one. 

The B Vitamins are a family.  They work best when they are all together.  So take your Biotin, B-Complex and multi-vitamin at the same time.  You can take your Zinc at the same time as your multi too.  (Although make sure you're not taking too much zinc.... taken in too high a dose, zinc can be toxic to your body. Just make sure your doctor knows what' you're taking.)  Also take your copper in this mix too. 

Calcium and Vitamin D are friends.  Always take them together.  BUT, calcium doesn't play well with heavy metals like iron, zinc, phosphorus and copper ... so make sure you're taking your calcium at least 2 hours apart from your multi-vitamin or other supplements that contain this. 

Also make sure you're taking the right kind of calcium (citrate, not carbonate).

Vitamins and supplement work best when taken with food (with the exception of iron).  So schedule your vitamins around your meals or snacks.  Iron likes an empty stomch, so if you ever have to start taking iron based on your labwork results....

HTH
Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Most Active