Getting over dumping...What do I do now??

ladybug1211
on 7/22/08 6:31 am
Good afternoon!
I dumped this morning..my fault. I'm 2 months out and ate something fatty for breakfast...Never again will I eat bacon of any kind.  My question is I still feel yucky.. I've gotten over the dry heaves and dizzy feeling.  What do I do to calm down my stomach??  I tried Unjury chicken flavored protein for lunch, but I still have my headache and overall poopie feeling.  What do you do to get over this yucky feeling?? Thanks for your help!

At Goal!   Dance of happiness!  
5/08               280 lbs   Size 26
9/08               199 lbs   Onederland!  
7/09               135 lbs  Size 9!  GOAL!! Whoopie!
Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal to throw at someone else,,you are the one who gets burned!  Buddah

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/08 7:24 am - Cleveland Heights, OH
Mostly you just have to wait for time to pass.  I didn't dump often early out, but when I'd sometimes use liquid protein for a day or so since it is easy on our pouches.  Hopefully the yucky feeling will pass pretty quickly -

Kellie
Tammy H.
on 7/24/08 11:44 pm - Greenville, OH
Sorry to hear that you dumped...When I dump, I use papaya enzyme tablets...usually about 4 or 5 helps me...But most times, I basically have to just wait it out...Might try laying down and rest...A few weekends ago, I ate icecream and dumped bigtime...I should have none better...I don't dump on sugars, but I sure do the fats...I started dumping at 3:00 and never stopped until 1:30 a.m.  Thought I was gonna die...When I dump, I have a bad time with it...I start off by feeling like I have to belch, but it gets almost there and stops...This goes on and on , seems like every second...Then I have pain in my mid breast area thru my back...Then I get the foamies...My nose gets stuffy, and my eyes water...About 2-3 hours later, I am finally able to * toss* it up...And this goes on and on...I wonder how my pouch can hold so much...Sorry, dont mean to sound gross here...Hope you feel better soon, Tammy

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only TRUE FRIENDS will leave footprints in your heart...And may that friendship have such a ONENESS that when one weeps the other will taste salt...Friends are like balloons ; once you let them go you can't get them back....So I'm going to tie you to my heart so I never lose you.

wisehealing
on 7/25/08 10:30 am - Everett, WA

Reading this is very informative to me, having surgery next month.
 and was wondering what dumping was.
 Thank you for the graft info.

Tammy H.
on 7/25/08 2:35 pm - Greenville, OH
Just a few suggestions...Don't rely on foods that others eat to work with your new tummy...I have also read so many say that they ate * Taco bells refried beans* first out after surgery ( after the liquid stage)...I can't figure out why anyone would want to eat something that is so fatty...Do yourself a favor and either make your own, or you can buy fat-free refried beans in a can...They are yummy too...And the same with everyone saying that they lived on * Wendys Chili*...That I also disagree with because I find it spicy and the meat if not a lean choice...But what one can eat, another one might not...Guess its called * trial and error*...Make sure you take your measurements before surgery...I never thought of taking my measurements, and now since I've lost 220 pounds, I would love to know how many inches I've lost...But kinda late now...Anyhoots, good luck with your surgery...

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only TRUE FRIENDS will leave footprints in your heart...And may that friendship have such a ONENESS that when one weeps the other will taste salt...Friends are like balloons ; once you let them go you can't get them back....So I'm going to tie you to my heart so I never lose you.

umber
on 7/25/08 2:39 pm - Rochester, NH
I did the SAME THING about a month ago.  Stupid bacon.  I bought turkey bacon and regular bacon.  I cooked em up and bagged them.  Then I got out the WRONG BAG and ate the regular bacon.  I knew something was up when the stomach cramping hit.  Bad, bad, bad!

The only thing I can do is give up on it and go lie down.  Sleep if possible.  By the time I wake up I'll feel better.  If it's NOT possible then only time will fix it.  The biggest thing I've figured out is DO NOT DRINK WATER when something is stuck, when dumping, when having any adverse eating response.  It makes it much worse.  For me anyway. 

So if you can, sleep it off.  Wake up and hydrate, dumping usually dehydrates you if you get the diherreah/vomiting.  Then after an hour or more try something you know is REALLY gentle on your pouch. 

My pouch is always okay with protein shakes, Fage yogurt, and other liquid-y stuff.  Dense protein when my pouch is touchy doesn't work for me.  The next day I start over with whatever I want to try.  New day, new start.  You know?

Lord, give me stregth and when I lack it, patience.  

Musicmama88
on 7/29/08 3:22 am - Danville, IN
I dump on fats too,,terribly! I tried gravy once and was sick for horus! Bacon too! I usually just lie down, thats all ya can really do. then when things get better, i try to drink somethin warm to sooth e the pouch, like tea or protein hot chocolate.
As tothe refired beans,,I ate em on my third week, at my nutritionists suggestion. When I realized I could tolerate em, I bought the ones in the can. As to the fat content,,that early out I wasnt consuming many calories at all, or fat,,so it really wasnt a big thing. As to the spicy foods, they dont hurt the pouch at all, and I actually craved spicy stuff immediately after surgery, so did a friend of mine who had his the same time I did. I never did eat Wendys chili, but did and still crave my own homemade chili. At this piont, and Im 3 years out and 140 pounds down, its my favorite food!
Like you said, everyone is different, and thats a good thing really! Makes life interesting!
be Blessed!
Betsy
"For I know the plans I have for you ," declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Most Active