Dry milk recipe???

(deactivated member)
on 7/16/08 3:35 am - Center Ossipee, NH
I have Carnation instant Milk, isn`t there a recipe to make with it to add to skim milk????
Pam T.
on 7/16/08 5:43 am - Saginaw, MI
I've heard of people making  "double milk."  Basically make 8oz of milk according to the instructions on the package of the dry milk, but instead of using water, use skim milk.  That way you get double the nutrients (and calories).

I personally haven't ever done it because milk is already a restricted item for me -- a lot of calories for not being filling in my pouch.  However, I do mix my morning protein shake as follows:

1 scoop protein powder
8 oz water
1/3 c. dry milk mix

So basically I'm having 8oz of milk per day.  But because my gallon of milk would always go bad before I could finish the whole thing myself (I live alone) I was always throwing milk in the garbage.  So I switched to dry milk.  It's cheaper, doesn't go bad and I can't taste the difference when I mix it in a protein shake. 

HTH
Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

(deactivated member)
on 7/16/08 7:11 am - Center Ossipee, NH
Pam, yes that was what I was looking for                Double Milk                  sheesh, fortified recipe            what was I thinking???        

Thanks once again!!!
Most Active