so much pain and upset stomach

donna fossett
on 7/13/08 7:20 am - KY

I had surgery 17 months ago. 

I have gotten sick over the past two days twice. On Saturday I had 3 oz of baked salmon  with spincah and two tablespoons of rice. I got so sick I threw up.

On Sunday I had six slices of cucumber with a tablespoon of may on one slice of bread. again I got so sick I thrw up and the pain was so great.  My concern with the cucumbers,  they seem very difficult to digest as well as created much gas.

Any comments as to my diet choices.

Donna

butterjoy
on 7/13/08 12:39 pm - Elkview, WV

TO BE HONEST, DONNA, I CANNOT EAT CUCUMBERS OR GREEN PEPPERS AND CABBAGE AT ALL.  IT CAUSES ME A LOT OF PAIN AND GAS.  I WAS TOLD NOT TO EAT RICE.  NO, I HAVE NOT HAD SURGERY YET.

* Our family is a circle of love and strength. With every birth and every union, the circle grows. Every joy shared adds more love. Every obstacle faced together makes the circle stronger. The love of a family is life's greatest blessing.   
     I have reached my goal! Praying angel:9896

bs66
on 7/17/08 7:26 am - Manchester, MO
As far as the cucumbers go, I found that if I peel them and remove the seeds they are much easier to digest.  You may also want to try what they call seedless or English cucumbers as they seem to be easier on the digestive tract.

Were the rice and bread white varity or were they something like wheat and brown rice?

Babs
Babs  5'0" highest wt 256 lbs/ surg 06/21/2004 236 lbs / goal 125
lowest wt 125 / current wt 147 lbs

John J.
on 7/27/08 12:55 pm - Grand Rapids, MN
I personally find it to vary from day to day.  In the mornings I have a "New Whey" 3oz protein drink.  They are 42 gms and are about 170 calories.  I get most of my protein just from that.  This is the one thing which I can easily get down.

The rest of the day varies.  I find I can eat pork one day but not the next, I can't eat ham, I can eat ground beef if I eat very slow, chicken I can almost always eat.

I don't eat rice but do have steamed veggies (SteamFresh Bags) in frozen section.  If I need something sweet, I will have a FunPop icee (30 calories).

I was eating Pure Protein bars for a while but the alcohol sweetener starts to taste nasty (too sweet).

I enjoy yogurt (watch the carbs), string cheese, and an occasional beef jerky (Jack Link Nuggets).

My gottcha is I am on the go all the time and I don't have the sense to slow down.

On another note......I'm kinda stalled right now (today is my 4 month anniversary of surgery).  I really got to get some more exercise.  If I am not driving, I am in meetings, or its bad weather.  My bad.....

John Johnson
WLS March 27, 2008
Starting weight 327 lbs, Current 208 Lbs (Dec 26, 2008)

Most Active