Question about spices

Ed W.
on 7/13/08 5:34 am - Casselberry, FL

It is about two weeks before my surgery. I have a question about spicey foods once you get to a solid diet again. Has anyone had any problems with chile peppers or other hot stuff. I have always loved a good spicey peeper and I know most of the heat is from your taste buds, but have they caused anyone any problems?

HIghest Weight - 287 /Surgery Weight - 278  /Curent Weight - 150/Goal - 154 

Pam T.
on 7/13/08 7:24 am - Saginaw, MI

For the first couple months after surgery your food is going to be very bland and you're going to crave any type of strong flavors you can get.  I think that's why I had a thing for dill pickles early out - just for the flavor. 

I've never been one to love super hot stuff.  Although hot salsa was always a favorite.  But after surgery I tend to enjoy mild salsa more.  Not sure that it was an issue of my pouch not wanting it or if it was just my taste buds preferring something milder.  My dad makes some pretty spicy chili and i've eaten it without a problem.  So I guess my pouch is fine with the spice. 

It's just a matter of experimenting slowly and seeing how your pouch reacts.

good luck with your surgery. 

Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Ed W.
on 7/13/08 7:37 am - Casselberry, FL

Thanks,

I grew up in the southwest, spicy hot has always been a family fav.

Amy_in_MA
on 7/13/08 11:53 pm - Danvers, MA

I have not had any issues whatsoever, and my first meal after I was released to start foods again was a Thai green curry. YUMMY and spicey!

Ed W.
on 7/14/08 9:55 pm - Casselberry, FL

Thanks Amy,

Thai food is another of my favorites! Thai peppers, and a little pepper from Guam called the Boonie pepper are hot-licious. The peppers are good for you so I supposed with a low carb-low sugar sauce, anything is possible.

Thanks,

Ed

Most Active