pre/post op surgery grocery list?

ummzeez
on 7/9/08 1:27 pm - Brooklyn 4EVA n EVA
hey guys! i am due to have surgery on the 29th of this month and i need to know some essentials to have in the house before surgery. I totally misplaced a lot of my pre-op/post op dietary guidelines so im kinda freakin out. Can anyone give me assistance in what to shop for?Im going shopping tomorrow. thanx in advance!
K B (Tucson)
on 7/9/08 2:54 pm - Tucson, AZ
First of all, get back to your doc and get your pre and post op diet plan.  Each doc is different, so make sure you know what you are supposed to be eating now and after surgery.  This is imperative!  Next, have juices (low sugar), sports drinks (low sugar), sf jello and high protein/low carb drinks/powder available for your use for at least the first few weeks post -op.  After that, what you will eat will depend on your surgery type and your docs post-op diet progression.  Good luck and don't EVER hesitiate to ask your doc for help - that is their job.
(deactivated member)
on 7/9/08 10:20 pm - Cleveland Heights, OH

I agree with the prior poster - call your doc's office and ask for another copy of his/her dietary guidelines - you'll need it!   One other suggestion that was a life-saver for me, both during my pre-op and post-op liquid phase --> sugarfree popsicles!  Each one counts as 2 oz. of liquids and they tasted really good, esp. compared to some of the liquid proteins I was trying.   Good luck on your continuing journey -  Kellie

Most Active