What is normal eating after surgery?

(deactivated member)
on 7/8/08 10:53 pm - east falmouth, MA
Hi Friends.  I am in a weird place.  I was supposed to have the surgery last month and was really ready but had to put it off until November ( long story...not overly relevant)  So I had been all resolved and doing great with liquids and trying to work on my eating patterns and such.       That has sort of gone to heck.  I am getting depressed and sick of myself again.     What I want to do is try to start eating as close to a normal post op and post recovery  diet as I can manage ...Or at least start my training.  I have the whole summer to change or stay the same and I want to work toward the change.       I would be really interested to know what your "normal" day looks like in terms of food.   Not so much the post op re entry plan because I am well informed of that from my nutritionsit...I want to know what the rest of my life might look like.... Any habits I can get into now should help after  i think...     I would so appreciate your sharing a typical day...how you drink, eat, how often how uch, what does not work and what does.  I know it will be different for everybody  but  information is what i need to feed myself now...  Thanks in advance...Suzle
(deactivated member)
on 7/9/08 2:09 am - Cleveland Heights, OH
Hi, Suzle.  A couple forums have daily entries where folks are posting what they eat each day.  I know the BMI Over 50 forum has this type of daily entry, plus I think the WLS Grads board does as well.  Check 'em out -  Kellie
Pam T.
on 7/10/08 12:27 am - Saginaw, MI
I had to do a 12 month physician supervised diet before my surgery.  I followed a diet similar to what I'm eating now post-op.  Here's what I worked on: * calorie count pre-op was 1200-1400 calories per day * nutrient balance was 40% protein, 40% good carbs, 20% good fats * drink at least 64oz water everyday * usually had 1 protein shake to bump up the protein levels * exercise 5 days per week, walking at least 30 minutes each time Now, post-op I'm eating fewer calories because of my pouch size but my nutrient balance is still around 40/40/20 and I still do 1 shake per day.  I am exercising a lot more now though.   Good luck! Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

(deactivated member)
on 7/10/08 1:55 am - east falmouth, MA
thanks Pam...that is what I am looking for...Just got to get a routine going....
Most Active