Calories and Protein

Patricia_T
on 7/8/08 5:42 am - Kleefeld, Canada
I'm a little over 5 months post RNY.  I consume around 800 - 1000 calories a day, none of them are breads.  I get 80 - 100 gm of protein and 6 - 8 cp of liquid.  I take my supplements.  What am I doing wrong?  I thought I was in a stall but if it is, it's the longest one in history!  Any input would be much appreciated.  My frustration is getting pretty high right now!
Pam T.
on 7/9/08 11:18 am - Saginaw, MI
I just came off a 6 week stall.  I know how frustrating it is.  But stalls are completely normal during this whole process.  We didn't gain weight every single week or month before surgery, so why do we think we need to lose every single week after surgery?  Our bodies don't work that way. Definitely check your diet and exercise and routines to see if here something you can do to change things up a bit and get the scale moving again.  Are you exercising enough?  too much?  have you changed your workout routine - our bodies learn to adapt after 6 weeks of the same thing.  Are you eating enough?  Is 800 calories too little for your nutrition and workout routine?  Are you drinking enough water - 64oz minimum? Are you eating enough fruits, veggies and complex carbs and whole grains?  are you eating enough fiber?  ...... there are dozens of more questions to ask yourself. If you're doing everything right, then just keep doing it.  The scale will move eventually.  Also make sure you take your measurements when the scale is stalled -- you're probably losing inches right now. Good luck Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Most Active