New at this

Teacher_Bear
on 7/6/08 8:01 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
Umm Hi... Ok so I am new at this. trying to get healthy. Have been overweight all my life. I need some help I guess. Met a guy today. totally randomly. He just stopped me n the store to tlk to me about surgery. I was floored....houldn't be surpirsed though....I am a large man. Anyway, what can I say. I jus want to be healthy. And maybe be able to buy clothes at Wal-Mart again. Bear
K B (Tucson)
on 7/6/08 12:04 pm - Tucson, AZ
Gosh, I bet that conversation was a bit embarassing.  I am sorry that some one you don't know  would be so forward with you about a personal subject.  But, you have found this website, so I bet you have been thinking about wls.  This is scary I know, but most of us who have gotten wls did so after long years of being OBESE and failing at all our wl attempts.  Many of us are now healthy and living much better lives and can shop in the "regular" human clothing sections.  I urge you to do al the reseach you want about the various types of wls and talk to a bariatric doc.  If you can be successful on a more traditional diet like Weigh****chers, then the better to you.  Good luck.
Most Active