Picky, Picky, Picky!!!

athomas8413
on 7/5/08 9:25 am - Montgomery, AL
I went to see my surgeon last Monday (6-30-08).  He told me that he was not a big fan of protein drinks and would rather I ditch them asap and get my fiber through the food that I eat.  That suits me fine considering that I hate protein shakes.  He also doesn't like for me to drink Powerade or Gatorade.  And again, that's just as well because I'm starting to hate them as well.  I sometimes drink Apple Juice and, other than that, I drink water all day.  My patience is wearing thin because I need more of a variety of things to drink, thngs that don't have alot of acidity to them.  I love fruit juices, but most if not all of them have added sugar, and even if they say unsweetened, they still have natural sugars.  And when it comes to watermelon, I have a mad love affair with it, but I wonder if it's good for me.  I feel as if I'm at a loss because I've come so far (almost 12 weeks post-op to be exact) and it irritates me when I run out of choices when it comes to food and drink.  Does ANYONE have any suggestions?  I'm about to pull my hair out!!!!!!!!!!!! Andrea
Andrea
MadameJoy
on 7/6/08 6:01 am, edited 7/6/08 6:01 am - Jamestown, CA
Hi Andrea, Watermelon has vitamins such as A ans C and potassium. I was told by my Dr. that juices are not a good thing. But I guess each sergeon is different. Try crystal light it comes it a ton of good flavors.  Good Luck  JOY
Amy_in_MA
on 7/6/08 9:23 pm - Danvers, MA
I drink regular old water, milk, herbal teas (decaf) and things like Crystal Light (watered down) to keep up some variety.

Most Active