frustrated

undecidedloser
on 7/4/08 11:11 am - TX
I had my surgery june 30th, I have been on a full liquid diet for 2 days and I feel very hungery and listless, lightheaded. I feel just like i did before the surgery when I went all day without eating. I cant figure out what I'm doing wrong. My menu goes like this Breakfast 1/4 cup cream of wheat 1/4 cup plain yogurt 30min later 1/2cup milk with sugar free carnation instant brekfast powder sipping water 16.9fl oz. sf popsicle Lunch 1/4 strained chicken noodle soup (no noodles) 1/4 cup sugar free pudding 30min later 1/2cup milk 30min later 1/2 cup milk with carnation sugar free instant breakfast sf popsicle sipping water16.9fl oz. w/crystal light Dinner 1/4cup strained chicken noodle soup (no noodles of course) 1/4 cup plain yougurt 30min later 1/2 cup milk with half packet carnation sugar free instant breakfast  sipping water 16.9fl oz I was discharged on a full liquid diet on July 2nd. I get all my water in except for today because i was so tired i had to sleep. I called my doctors office and the nurse said it was fine but i feel more tired today and they are out of the office. I also have not had ANY pain meds for 2days as i have very little pain. I just cant figure out why I am soo tired and hungery. I'm hungry to the point of headaches. I feel Im not getting enough food. I walk 30-35 min every evening since the 2nd Post-op. I have very little pain, some burping and a little loose stools. Please help; Am i using too much energy for the amount of liquids I'm taking in? I know this is alot of info but if anyone can help I would appreciate it. Thanks
ktreavis
on 7/4/08 11:35 am - PA
When are you supposed to start your protein intake? THat may be part of your problem. - Katie

Progress not perfection

undecidedloser
on 7/4/08 11:43 am - TX
July 7th is when I'm supposed to start. But I'm feeling so weak im thinking maybe I should do 1/2 cup skim milk with the syntrax whey protein. So i would get 12 grams before my walk this evening. I'm a newbie tell me what u think. Thanks for your reply
MadameJoy
on 7/6/08 6:08 am - Jamestown, CA
Sounds to me like you really need some protein!!! May I ask why you are using the instant breakfast instead of protein powder?? JOY
Most Active