Losing Too Much??? WHAT!

sharlenew
on 7/3/08 7:42 am - Steelville, MO
I never thought I would complain that I am losing too much weight but I am.  Even my doctor said so.  I am 5'4"  and am 15 months post op and I am weighing 110.  I am starting to look pretty bad.  My size 3's are loose.  What the heck is going on?  Anyone know???

Hugs,
Sharlene
wendy_fou
on 7/3/08 1:23 pm - AR
Have they not advised you to add more calories?  Did that not work? 
Susan G.
on 7/25/08 1:54 pm - Roanoke, TX

I am having the same problem.  I am 5'2" and weigh 110 too.  I lost 3 lbs this week with out trying.  I am also 15 months out.  I can't seem to stop losing weight.  I eat, alot too.  I eat 3 meals a day, plus 2 to 3 snacks.  I feel like I eat more than I should be able to eat. 

I don't know what to do about it.  One of my doctors told me to add more healthy fat to my diet (nuts, avocado, olive oil) so I make sure my snacks are nuts, a banana with peanut butter, stuff like that, but obviously it didn't help this week. 

110 is the least I can weigh for my height and not be considered underweight.  I am like you.... I look terrible.  My face is gaunt.  My eyes are awful.  When my doctor saw me, she immediately said that I was malnurished.  She said that my temporal lobe was indented which is a sign of malnurishment.  She is my pain management doctor, not my WLS doctor.  She is sending me to a doctor that will do extensive testing for nutritional definciencies and help me with my diet.  Hopefully he can help me stop losing weight.

I don't know what else to do.  I eat whenever I am hungry. 

Susan

Peace and friendship with all mankind is our wisest policy and I wish that we may be permitted to pursue it.....  Thomas Jefferson
Lap Band: 09/19/02     Revision to RNY: 04/19/07

sharlenew
on 7/26/08 1:28 am - Steelville, MO
Wow Susan we are just alike.  My nutricianist told me to eat Trail Mix with nuts and seeds so I made my own because to was cheaper.  I eat all the time.  Also they told me to get in alot of protein.  I do that anyway.  I have been drinking goats milk with my protein powder for the extra calories.  They also told me that I am on the verg of being under weight.  I never in my life would have thought that I would be wanting to gain weight.
My family is very concerned.  My son said that he is afraid that I will get so thin that my organs will start shutting down.  Someone that he knows that happened to.  That doesn't sound good. 
I have to go to my liver doctor on Tuesday to see how my blood tests are going and I am going to ask them about it too.
Please let me know what your doctor says.
Thanks so much for your post.  Its nice to know that I am not alone.

Hugs,
Sharlene
Susan G.
on 7/26/08 3:52 am - Roanoke, TX

Yep, I eat all the time too.  This morning for breakfast I made a scrambled egg sandwich - 3 eggs!! 2 slices of bread and a slice of american cheese.  Ate every bite.  That just seems like a lot of food for having had bypass.  The thing is I worry about is when whenever this gets worked out, I will still be eating like this and GAIN too much weight.  The thought of that terrifies me.  I know I need to put about 5 lbs back on, but what if I can't stop gaining?  That is a really frightening thought, but then being unhealthy and having organ failure is more frightening!

I hope everything goes ok at your liver doctor.  Good luck and keep me informed too. 

Susan

Peace and friendship with all mankind is our wisest policy and I wish that we may be permitted to pursue it.....  Thomas Jefferson
Lap Band: 09/19/02     Revision to RNY: 04/19/07

Most Active