Never posted before!

pennisweet
on 7/1/08 7:32 pm - Windsor, MO
This is the first post on this forum.  I am 2 and a half post op and I now know what people are talking about when they say this is a tool but you still have to eat right and excersise.  I am really struggling with it.  I want to eat all the time and bad stuff like I did before surgery.  I am really scared because I am afraid it is over for me.  I calculated my BMI and it showed that I am obese!  It really upset me.  I feel so fat!  People say look at you compared to where you were before surgey.  I know I am still about 150 pounds lighter but I am not were I want to be.  Last May I had a baby (10 months after surgery).  I had been about 135.  After the baby I can't seem to get back down to were I was, I am now about 155 on avg.  Don't get me wrong I am way better off than I was pre-op but is it wrong to feel fat?  Need some encouragment.  Thanks and God bless, Penni
Pam T.
on 7/2/08 2:26 am - Saginaw, MI
Hi Penni -  Congratulations on your weight loss and your new baby!  Sounds like you've done great since your surgery! I understand the desire to get back down to your lowest weight and I firmly believe IT IS POSSIBLE!  You just have to work your tool and make it do what you want it to do.   Check out the Pouch Rules for Dummies -- it's a great resource for anyone who has had RNY and needs a reminder of how to use the tool we were given.   Make sure you're doing protein first and limiting the "bad stuff" and that you're getting the exercise your body needs.  You obviously know how to do it, you've already proven to be a success.  You just need to get back on the horse and ride it to your goal.   You can do it!  I know you can! Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Most Active