EDAMAME

(deactivated member)
on 7/1/08 6:19 am - Center Ossipee, NH

What is Edamame?

Pam T.
on 7/1/08 6:31 am - Saginaw, MI
Edamame is soy beans that you eat steamed either shucked out of the pod or squeeze them out of the pod and straight into your mouth.  I buy mine frozen already shucked.  1/2c is about 14g of protein. I even blogged about how much I Love Edamame

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

(deactivated member)
on 7/1/08 7:02 am - Center Ossipee, NH
I saw them dry at the health store.  can you eat them that way also?
Pam T.
on 7/1/08 11:38 am - Saginaw, MI
Yep.  You can get the dry roasted edamame too.  They are great -- tastes like peanuts.  Here's the kind I get: http://www.amazon.com/Seapoint-Farms-Roasted-Edamame-Lightly /dp/B000PDGRE0/ref=rsl_mainw_dpl?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

(deactivated member)
on 7/3/08 5:29 am - Center Ossipee, NH
Well so much for dried edamame           I hated  them!!!                next I am trying dried peas, hopefully I will like them !!!
Catnip
on 7/7/08 1:18 pm - Ottawa, Canada
Try the frozen ones they are so much better,  Traditionally there are eaten with alot of salt on them. catnip

Citrate or Bust (a few bones) !
catnip.gif picture by catnipcook

elizabethW
on 7/3/08 7:11 am - San Jose, CA
RNY on 08/08/08 with
You can get Edamae at Trader Joe's. It is already cooked so I just stick a package in the fridge and take out a handful when needed. They are so tasty. Sometimes I microwave them for just a bit to take the chill off them.
mema_bechel
on 7/7/08 3:18 am - Cottage Grove, MN
I even found them in the freezer section of my local Target store.
Ramona

Most Active