is there a diet for excessive gas pains?

Lori D.
on 7/1/08 3:08 am - Osceola, IN
Hi everyone. I am 5 years post op and have begun to have problems with excessive gas pains, ehich is bad enough, but when you add the smell and embarrassment with that, it is almost too much to bear. Ny doc has given me an antibiotic to try and suggested talking to a dietician. My insurance will not cover that and I can't afford to pay myself, so I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and if there is a specific diet for post op barriatric patients? I already stay away from most dairy products. My problem seems to be triggered more by movement than food which is also impacting my exercise time. I would be very grateful for any information anyone might be able to share. Thanks. Lori.
Pam T.
on 7/1/08 6:26 am - Saginaw, MI
I did a quick Google search about what types of foods cause gas.  Looks like you need to stay away from sugar, startches and fiber.  Not sure I'd want to stay away from fiber, but if you're getting too much it might be the culprit.  Startches (pasta, bread, potatoes, corn) might be something you could try cutting out those types of food to see if that makes a difference.   Here's the article I found: http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/gas/ Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Most Active