brown Sugar substitute?

(deactivated member)
on 6/30/08 3:24 am - Center Ossipee, NH
Is there such a thing?
(deactivated member)
on 6/30/08 5:05 am - Park Forest, IL
Hi Jennifer, I just bought Splenda Brown Sugar substitute at the grocery store. I heard the Sugar Twin also makes a brown sugar substitiute too. Paulette
K B (Tucson)
on 6/30/08 4:44 pm - Tucson, AZ
Yes, the Splenda brand brown sugar substitute you are supposed to be able to cook with exactly like the real thing.  I haven't tried to cook with,  but I use the regular Spenda for everything.
foobear
on 6/30/08 7:44 pm - Medford, MA
I'm pretty sure that the Splenda brown sugar is a 50/50 (by sweetness) mixture of splenda and real brown sugar.  It's 50% sugar with half the calories.  That's a lot of sugar for most post-op WLSers and/or diabetics. /Steve
(deactivated member)
on 6/30/08 11:33 pm - Park Forest, IL
WOW!!! that's what I get for purchasing it without reading the package, another OH member had recommended th Sugar Twin Brown Sugar but my grocery didn't stock it so I just bought the Splenda brand thinking it would be the same..Live and Learn!    Although I am not diabetic and haven't had wls yet ...so I guess for me it'll be ok for now. It does say you use half of what you'd use of regular brown sugar because of it's sweetness. Thanks for posting this, I am still fairly new on this journey and obviously still have lots to learn!   Paulette
Sandra B.
on 6/30/08 9:17 pm - Savannah, GA
I've purchased a SF brown sugar from obesityhelp.com.  Now that I think about it I haven't seen it there lately so not sure if they still sell it.  It was great to use except it got hard even in the packaging and I had to work hard at getting out enough for the recipe.  Then I put it in a food processor to get it to a consistency I could measure.  But as a new post op I would not have chanced the Splenda brown since it's 50% real brown sugar.
teachnkids
on 7/1/08 3:47 am
Althought the splenda is 50/50, I find it works for me in small amounts.  A little brown sugar goes a long way.  Something about the taste of brown sugar, jum!  I have not seen the sugar twin version.
Sandra B.
on 7/1/08 5:57 am - Savannah, GA
oops, I meant bariatriceating.com is where I've purchased the sf brown sugar.  Sorry for the mis-type.
(deactivated member)
on 7/1/08 6:17 am - Center Ossipee, NH
The Splenda I bought today is brown sugar . 2 grams of sugar for 2 TBS                  so I use 1 TBS in cereal.               No problem !
MelissaF
on 7/1/08 8:31 am - Northwood, IA
Sugar Twin makes a completely sugar free brown substitute
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Most Active