What type of foods can you start eating at 6 wks post op?

THERESAMARIE
on 6/29/08 1:42 am
Hi  I am six weeks post op and have not really moved from yogurt, tuna, cream soups, crackers, jello puddings etc.   I bought some Kashi Go Lean hard cereal and would like to try it. Also, is it too early to try some whole wheat pasta, and thinly sliced whole wheat bread toasted, I am so getting bored with what I am eating. Oh, I did have a small 1 oz porition of pork and a meatball and I tolerated both well. Any suggestions?  Terri

Taking the Journey One Day at a Time!Terri

K B (Tucson)
on 6/30/08 4:45 pm - Tucson, AZ
Best to ask your doc what he/she advises at this stage.  All docs have a preferred diet progression.  You should have been told this before surgery.  Good luck.
wendy_fou
on 7/2/08 8:35 am - AR

Has your surgeon/NUT/RD released you to the solid stage yet?  Are you asking what solids are best to start on?

MadameJoy
on 7/6/08 6:19 am - Jamestown, CA
Your Surgeon's office can or at least should help with this question. Mine drills all of this into your head way before surgery...as they all should. This is very important in order to stay healthy. Your first choice should always be hightquaitiy protein,vegetables and fruit. Grains, should be the last thing you add ..like 6-7 months after your surgery. Good Luck JOY
Most Active