Email re Collagen Protein Bullets from Unjury

Pam T.
on 6/22/08 4:32 am - Saginaw, MI
I'm going to go look up that paper from ASMBS -- I'm so glad they finally put out this information.  what a great resource. I posted a few weeks ago about the bullets and collegan protein.  It's in my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/pwsammy/uzone,blog/action, comments/blog_id,61570/blog_post_id,159933/ It really bothers me that bariatric websites and stores are selling this stuff and tout that it's perfectly fine for us.  Another poster said that Whey Isolate is the "Only" kind of protein we can absorb.  that's not entirely true.  We can absorb all kinds of protein, but Whey Isolate is has the BEST absorbability for RNY'ers.  Our body can actually absorb and begin using virtually all of a protein shake made with Isolate in about 40 minutes.  But that doesn't mean we should avoid any other type of protein -- specifically protein from food.  the body can still deal with food based protein and it's good to give our body as much as possible of our daily requirements.  Remember that we get the benefit of thermic impact (burning calories) by eating food-based protein because the body has to work harder to digest it, thus burning calories.   But I like to still drink 1 shake per day of whey isolate because I know for absolute certain that my body is using 100% of what I'm drinking. Thanks for posting this. Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

UNJURY
on 6/25/08 3:32 am - Sterling, VA
Hi Pam I just posted the link to the preprint paper!    :-) Jerome UNJURY (R) Protein
Kristin B.
on 6/25/08 6:15 am, edited 6/25/08 6:17 am - West Des Moines, IA
VSG on 05/17/08 with

edited to nevermind- I figured out where to look

Fortune sides with he who dares. ~ Virgil  
Unsolicited PMs about doctors, procedures, or facilities should be given as much consideration as spam offering foreign lottery winnings, penis- enlarging creams, and Nigerian fortunes.
UNJURY
on 6/25/08 6:57 am - Sterling, VA
www.soard.org just click on the yellow oval in the center Jerome UNJURY (R) Protein
GoingMobile
on 6/24/08 3:50 pm - San Dimas, CA
I talked tonight to someone whow as at the ASMBS  conference and they have NO IDEA what I was talking about. I said it in another thread, IMO Unjury is just doing some marketing to get people to buy their stuff.  If unjry has some unbiased test results lets see them.
UNJURY
on 6/25/08 2:30 am - Sterling, VA

Hello GoingMobile

We do promote our products. And one of the ways we do,
is by providing good honest nutrition information that helps
people make informed choices between products.
We always identify ourselves, and therefore our interests,
when we post. Not everyone does that.

We understand that our credibility and reputation
over the years is dependent on providing good information
that stands the test of time.

Who else on this board does that?
We get many emails from people who appreciate what we post.

We believe the ASMBS is unbiased.
We believe the Institute of Medicine at the National Academy
of Sciences is unbiased.
We believe Covance Inc., a leading independent laboratory
is providing unbiased results.

Which of these sources do you think are biased?
Is there a specific statement which we have made
which you consider untrue?

Your person (would you care to name this person?) said
that they have "NO IDEA" what you were talking about.
Did this person attend the sessions on nutrition and
protein quality on Monday June 16?

You should know that when we published the PDCAAS scores
(Protein Quality score) for Profect and New-Whey, to our
knowledge, neither company disputed the numbers.

And these companies do not, to my knowledge, even today,
publish their amino acid profiles.

Does that help clarify?

Jerome
UNJURY (R) Protein
adamsamah
on 6/25/08 6:07 am - Nixa, MO
Dear All,
I'm 18 months post op and my labs (all of them are great). About the only supplemental source of protein I use is the bullets and I don't intend to quit. I don't believe anything posted by companies - sorry Jerome and I do love your Unjury unflavored - because they are not totally unbiased. That said, neither am I because I love being able to slam a bullet rather than mix up and drink something every morning, noon and night!!! Is there no way to do a "good" protein in a small volume? Work on that Jerome. I'd love it - and so would most of the folks who use New Whey or ProSLAM. Until then, I'll use the bullets and just pray for good results.
Lana

Adamsamah, Lana
"WLS is about making better choices, a healthier lifestyle and seeing how little you can eat.  Portion control is the key to all weight loss surgeries.  Bottom line - it isn't how much you can eat - it is how little you can eat."

carrot
on 7/30/08 12:36 am - Rochester, NY
Hi all,

While I'm new to the forum and awaiting surgery, I've been doing my homework on protein and trying to figure out what this PDCAAS thing is all about.  It seems like a good idea that needs a lot of revision.  The journal of clinical nutrition and wikipedia had some good sources about 'the limitations' of the PDCAAS scoring process.   I'll bet the docs have not been exposed to the other side of this situation--just what manufacturers and reps put into their heads!  I don't think I can be convinced that my body knows the difference between an amino acid from one source or the other.  PDCAAS is a good idea, and hopefully someone out there is making it into something we can actually use someday--
Most Active