Able to eat a lot

AnnieCA
on 6/21/08 12:37 am - Citrus Heights, CA
I am 7  months out and am noticing that I am able to eat a lot again. How do I know I'm not eating too much?
butterfly_3
on 6/21/08 2:43 pm - Marietta, OH
I am just new to this . I have only put in my application but it seems to me that I would be calling the Dr and having a talk with them before you possibly have complications.
AnnieCA
on 6/21/08 5:03 pm - Citrus Heights, CA
Yes,  you are probably right. Thanks for your thoughts.  Annette
Boogaloo
on 6/21/08 10:23 pm - PA
I am two years out and I still weigh and measure my food -- and plan to do so for the rest of my life.  Call you doctor/make sure you understand how much you should be eating and when and follow that.  It's important to remember that just because you can eat more, doesn't mean you should. Good luck, Lou
AnnieCA
on 6/22/08 4:41 pm - Citrus Heights, CA
Are you able to eat a lot more than you could after you had the surgery?
(deactivated member)
on 6/23/08 7:37 am - Cleveland Heights, OH
I'm 32 months post-op and I can eat A LOT more than I could right after my surgery, and even more than I could 12 months post-op.  But as a prior poster said, just because I can doesn't mean I should.  I still weigh and measure most of my food, although I've become very accurate/adept at eyeballing portions.   I also use a daily food journal (similar to what's available online at fitday.com, sparkpeople.com and thedailyplate.com) from Calorieking; I've been keeping a food journal since I was about 6 months post-op and I intend to continue doing so into the foreseeable future.  As my capacity has increased and I can eat more, I've had to become more conscious about how many calories I take in every day.  Even with WLS, it's still about calories in versus calories out, and using a food journal helps me know how many calories I can/should eat every day if I want to maintain my loss.  Sort of like knowing how many miles-per-gallon your car gets -  I hope some of my rambling is helpful - good luck on your continuing journey! Kellie
AnnieCA
on 6/23/08 10:14 am - Citrus Heights, CA
Thanks Kellie! That's good advice. I"ll start keeping a food journal again too.  Congrats on your tremendous weight loss!
(deactivated member)
on 6/24/08 2:28 am - Cleveland Heights, OH
You're welcome, Annie.  I was bound and determined to figure out how to maintain once I finished losing, and for me a food journal is part of what's required.  Honestly, I think it's almost as hard to figure out how to maintain as it was to lose weight in the first place!  But not one ever said it would be easy -  Good luck on your continuing journey -  Kellie
Most Active