Got to find some chews!!

janice2007
on 6/19/08 9:28 am - clarksville, TN
I think I have stopped looking for Citrical chews. I heard they were no longer making them,. I sooo wanted them..never had them.

I have looked further than the US , at other countries that might make the chews, I reallly wanted chews.

Has any one tried these brands or does anyone know anything about these brands.

http://well.ca/products/caltrate-600-soft-chew-vanilla_2071. html

What is Cal-trate?  is that cirtate???

Please help need some input on these products...before I buy
thanks for any comments
:)
Pam T.
on 6/20/08 1:16 am - Saginaw, MI
Caltrate is made with Calcium Carbonate.  We need CITRATE.   However, Bariatric Advantage has purchased the rights to begin producing the former Citrical Creamy Bites.  When I talked to a rep the other day, they said to look for them this coming fall, but they don't have the details about distribution, flavors or timeframe just yet.  For now I'm using a combination of UpCalD (powdered calcium citrate) and the Wild Cherry BA chewable calcium citrate.  I'm looking forward to the fall when the creamy bites are back on the market.  Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

janice2007
on 6/20/08 7:41 am - clarksville, TN
Thanks Pam. I was struggling for some reason the other day and couldnt find the info...must have been one of those days for me..lol Thats GREAT about the bites comming back in the fall !  I will be "stalking" the shelves for them. I ended up writing to the citrical people and they said: Thank you for taking the time to contact Bayer HealthCare regarding Creamy Bites.  We do not manufacture this product.  This particular product is manufactured and marketed by Mission Pharmacal. While we do not have a toll-free number for Mission Pharmacal, a toll number is provided.  The contact information for Mission Pharmacal is as follows: Mission Pharmacal Company San Antonio, TX  78230-1355 tel. 210-696-8400 Sincerely, Frank Belinc Consumer Advisor 0018371600 -------------------------------- I might try calling these people to see if I can get anymore info. In the mean time I will just same my time and go ahead and buy the Bariatic chewable.
Pam T.
on 6/20/08 8:07 am - Saginaw, MI
Citracal sold their entire line of calcium to Bayer.  EXCEPT the Creamy Bites.  The Creamy Bites went to Mission.  This is the same message that was circulating around the boards here about 4 or 5 months ago.  Not sure if Mission still owns the Creamy Bites or if they've sold all rights over to Bariatric Advantage.  But if you call BA they acknowledge openly that they will be producing the product and selling them soon.  

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Kimberly C.
on 6/26/08 4:35 pm - Great Falls, MT
I also can't wait to try the creamy bites, as I looked all over town for them too.  I did buy the bariatric advantage chocolate chewables and the cherry ones.  The cherry ones are WAY too sour, like sour patch kids.  The chocolate are good.  I have been alternating with the Citracal petites,  that you can get at Walmart, etc.  I can swallow whole pills, but it hurts sometimes.  I hope the creamy bites are reasonably priced!
bursonc
on 7/1/08 1:13 pm
Would you please send me a message when the bites are put back out on the market.  Thanks!!!
Pam T.
on 7/1/08 10:40 pm - Saginaw, MI
When I talked to BA a few weeks ago they said they'll be out this fall.  I'm sure there will be plenty of hype around the release that you'll hear about it here on the boards.  I wouldn't be surprised if BA pays for a big advertising splash here on OH, so keep an eye on the ads too.

Most Active