Medifast Diet

detroitredwing22
on 6/18/08 7:23 am - Downstate, NY
Hi everyone, I'm on the medifast diet, all liquid no food diet for the next 3 weeks and i hate it!!!. im so hungry all the time. i have to lose 18/22 lbs before my surgery which is july 10th, and so far i lost only 2 lbs in two days. ( i started it Tuesday). anyone have any ideas on how i can combat these hungry probs. what can i eat (sneaky) that wont make me gain, because only water and medifast isnt cuttin it for me, thanks
Live, Love and Laugh
Kisses , Nanette

K B (Tucson)
on 6/18/08 1:29 pm - Tucson, AZ
No magic bullets here.  Keep yourself distracted and keep your eyes on the prize -wls and a thinner, healthier future.  If that doesn't motivate you, nothing will.  This is just a rough diet, stick with it.  Good luck.
(deactivated member)
on 6/18/08 11:12 pm - Cleveland Heights, OH
I understand that the liquid diet is challenging, but I'd encourage you to stick it out.  Every pound you lose before surgery makes it easier, and less risky, for your surgeon to do his job.   Also, I'd encourage you to start working on changing how you think about being challenged by food issues.  For long-term success, you'll need to let go of "sneaky" behaviors and replace them with healthy coping mechanisms.  If you don't, the only one you'll be hurting is yourself and it will be much harder to maintain your weight loss long-term.  I know you're dealing with a lot right now and that's it hard, but it will be worth the hard work in the long run.   Good luck on your continuing journey -  Kellie
Amy_in_MA
on 6/18/08 11:23 pm - Danvers, MA
I did Medifast for 4.5 months. If you can make it through the first 4 or 5 days, the hunger will dissipate and you will start to feel better/lighter/have more energy. Keep drinking, drinking, drinking water. Hang in there!

creatyvyti
on 6/19/08 12:25 pm - oxon hill, MD
i had the wls 2.5 yrs ago; I lost a total of 163 lbs.  However, I just had a baby and I'm at a plateau right now.  I've recently discussed with my surgeon revision, but how does Medifast work.  How much weight did you loose in 4.5 months.
Amy_in_MA
on 6/19/08 12:29 pm - Danvers, MA
I had lost about 33 lbs. in that time. But in the last month, I really struggled with sticking with it. It was the last diet I tried before I had WLS.

detroitredwing22
on 6/19/08 12:58 pm - Downstate, NY
Thank u all for the encouraging words, and ur right, being sneaky will only bite me in the butt in the long run. i am trying my best to stay on the diet, and starting saturday im going to the gym. i wish i had the courage and had people to walk with me, but im too scared to walk alone. i really dont want to go to the gym, im afraid ppl will look at me and laugh at me cause im heavy.
(deactivated member)
on 6/20/08 12:38 am - Cleveland Heights, OH
The first trip to the gym is the hardest!  I went to the gym when I weighed 400+ pounds and, frankly, I was terrified the first time I walked in.  But no one ever laughed at me, or pointed at me, or made fun of me.  Often because they were too busy looking in the mirrors at themselves and preening!  Plus, after I worked up the courage to chat with a few people I learned something amazing - they were just there to exercise, just like me.  Most of them didn't care what anyone else looked like, or what they were doing!  Plus, I even had a few people offer kind words of encouragement and support.  What started out as a scary place has evolved into something I truly enjoy, and I've made some new friends as well.   So work up your courage, put on your shoes, and walk in with your head held high.  Your doing something to improve your health and that's what counts!!!  Let us know how your first trip to the gym goes :-) Kellie
Most Active