Starbucks Lovers, Unite!

Desperately Seeking
Skinny

on 6/18/08 3:39 am - Kettering, OH
I submitted an idea about Starbucks creating a higher protein, lower sugar & carb Frappucino base on MyStarBucksIdea.com today.  On this site, Starbucks collects ideas from the public, allows you to vote on them and then takes action on those that get the most votes.  If you like this idea and want a more WLS-friendly blended beverage option, please spread the word to your pals & go to this link and vote for it:  http://mystarbucksidea.force.com/ideas/viewIdea.apexp?id=087 500000004q0M
 PhotobucketKashiWhore-1.jpg picture by tracyamanningoh_100lbcenturycard-1.gif picture by tracyamanning

Mechelle Marie
on 6/18/08 1:53 pm

We have a starbucks here on post. They are really nice to me and make me an ice coffee with unsweetned soy milk, splenda, s/f syrup. If I want it blended they do the half and half because it thickens it a bit. I will go on and post because I would love to see that change.

Desperately Seeking
Skinny

on 6/18/08 2:04 pm - Kettering, OH
Man they ARE nice to you!  I've BEGGED before to just have my iced coffee blended and they insist it has to be done with the light frapp base.  Guess military living has its privileges, eh?  (As well it should!) 
 PhotobucketKashiWhore-1.jpg picture by tracyamanningoh_100lbcenturycard-1.gif picture by tracyamanning

Bonnie K.
on 6/19/08 3:57 am - Kingsland, GA
You should find a new Starbucks location!  The barista at yours seems to be anything but accomodating...
Mechelle Marie
on 6/18/08 2:08 pm

I also suggested nuts without chocolate and a low carb pastry choice.

(deactivated member)
on 6/18/08 11:24 pm - Cleveland Heights, OH
I "voted" for your idea - I think it would be a great addition to the menu for WLS patients and diabetics as well.  Here's hoping they respond, although it always takes a while to get new products to market -  Kellie
Pam T.
on 6/18/08 11:54 pm - Saginaw, MI
I make my own "frappicino" protein shake every morning.  It's totally delicious. 1 cup skim milk 1 scoop Nectar Cappucino protein powder 1 teaspoon instant decaf coffee ice blend until frothy and a yummy icy drink! I also voted for your idea... would love to see some low-carb food options at Starbucks.  I'm happy with the beverage options since they have skim and soy milk and sugar free syrups.  Not sure I'd want them to start carrying protein powders -- since the taste of those is so subjective.  Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Most Active