Pickle Cravings!

Holly T.
on 6/16/08 1:29 pm - OK
I know every doctor has a different plan, but on average are pickles ok for post-RNY patients?! Help please, I am craving them and haven't had them in almost 6 months....

Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.-Isaiah 40:31

http://holls08.blogspot.com/

tracemb14
on 6/16/08 4:24 pm - Katy, TX
I am a VSG patient but I am right there with you...I have craved pickles these last 3 weeks like crazy.  The really good ones like from the movie theater. I hope they are not bad for you.  I eat about 3 slices here and there...all my tummy can handle. I will check back to see if they are bad for us. Tracy

Tracy B.
on 6/17/08 2:31 am - Flaherty, KY
I get the sugar free bread & butter pickles from Kroger...they are great. And they seem to be that little added bit of fiber that my diet needs.
Amy_in_MA
on 6/17/08 4:08 am - Danvers, MA
I have had no issues with pickles whatsoever since about 2 months out. :)

keal19
on 6/17/08 10:01 am - Clarion, PA
Revision on 08/12/13
I enjoy pickles...i have not been told not to have them, and figure if my body can tolerate them, then i should be ok. at least they are a vegetable!
Pam T.
on 6/17/08 12:18 pm - Saginaw, MI
I went through my Pickle Phase.  It started at about  4 weeks out and lasted for about 2 months.  I think my body needed sodium.... or else the food I was eating was so bland, I just needed something with big flavor.  I still use dill pickles as snacks. My nutritionist said that dill pickles were fine as long as I stayed within 2500mg of sodium for my daily intake.  Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

foobear
on 6/17/08 11:38 pm - Medford, MA
I started having pickles at about 4 weeks out.  Well, chewed, of course, and I never had a whole lot simply because they can be so high in sodium, especially if you treat them like "free foods". I particularly like sliced pickles and hummus rolled up on a low-carb, omega-3 wheat tortilla as a fast, convenient lunch dish. /Steve
Most Active