Protein Bars

change07
on 6/15/08 11:04 am - Charlotte, NC
Hello My name is Velda, I am looking for a good protein bar that taste good, and has very little sugar in it...seeing I don't do sugar well.
CLAUDIA O.
on 6/15/08 1:53 pm - NE
the south beach diet bars are great peanut butter are my fav.  they have 15 g. protein try them
feelingreat3
on 6/15/08 3:36 pm
RNY on 01/23/11 with
I just pick up some made by muscle milk   whole bar 290 cal carbs 30 sugar 14 protein 25  I can only eat 1/2 at a time.

Paula  Surgery 5/9/07
267/150/132  start/goal/current

K B (Tucson)
on 6/15/08 3:38 pm - Tucson, AZ
Try Worldwide Pure Protein bars.  They come in 2 sizes.  Get the ones that come 6 to a box and have 180-190 cal/bar.  They have amny flavors and are all good.  I get them on line.  Google to find the lowest price.  I like them best cold from the refrigerator as they give me more resistance when bitten and feel more satisfying when I have to "work" to eat them.
Pam T.
on 6/15/08 11:59 pm - Saginaw, MI
My rule for protein bars is this: * there must be more grams of protein than carbs * there must be less than 10g of sugar * there must be no more than 200 calories per bar There are so many "protein bars" that are more like candy bars than anything resembling healthy food.  I am very careful with picking a protein bar to make sure I'm staying within my nutritionist's plan.  Here are a couple that I like: * South Beach Protein Bar --- 140 caloires, 11g net carbs, 10g protein * Pure Protein Bars --- 190 calories, 18g carbs, 20g protein * Zone Perfect Snack Size Protein Bar  --- 80 calories, 9g carbs, 5g protein (The Zone bar is a purse snack for me and I only eat it when I'm out and about and need food and there are no other options.  It's an emergency snack only.)

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Amy_in_MA
on 6/16/08 3:35 am, edited 6/16/08 3:37 am - Danvers, MA
I am a huge fan of the SmartForme Protein Bars, in particular the Cinnamon Pecan Dream and Chocolate Peanut. They are a treat for me...one that I have zero guilt about.
Attributes  
5g sugar or less Low-Fat Good Source Fiber Aspartame-Free Contains Soy Protein
Calories 150cal
Protein 15g
%Protein* 40%
Carbs 14g#
Sugars 4g
Fiber 0-4g
Fat 3-5g
Portion 40g (1.4oz)
Food Exchange:    2 Lean Protein    1 Fruit  
#net carbs: 3g *Percent of Total Calories
SmartForme Crisp Bars SmartForme Snack Bars

butterjoy
on 6/16/08 9:44 am - Elkview, WV
AMY, WHERE DO YOU  BUY THESE??

* Our family is a circle of love and strength. With every birth and every union, the circle grows. Every joy shared adds more love. Every obstacle faced together makes the circle stronger. The love of a family is life's greatest blessing.   
     I have reached my goal! Praying angel:9896

Amy_in_MA
on 6/16/08 10:41 am - Danvers, MA
I order them online from SmartForme. SmartForme

change07
on 6/17/08 7:27 am - Charlotte, NC
Hello Everyone, Thanks for the replies...however I really dont tolerate sugar well at all.  I would need something that has very very low sugar.  Again thanks for all you replies. Velda
MiniMello
on 6/17/08 10:55 am - PA

Velda - the Pure Protein bars have only 2grams sugars, don't think you'll find any less than that.  I get mine at Walmart and they're only about $1 each.

Most Active