puree?

Tamandtomplus2
on 6/13/08 6:11 am - PA

Hi there, I just had my surgery on Monday, I am on full liquids until Wednesday. I am trying to find foods/meals that can be pureed and taste good! And what appliance do you use? I was looking into the magic bullet? Also does anyone miss chewing? I am on soups and broths and jellos and protein shakes, but I soo want to chew up food and spit it out! LOL Dont worry I wont, but dang that would be sweet!  Also I took hubby and daughter out for lunch today, I know probably a big no no, but their life isnt stopping just because mine is in slow motion. I brought along broth and jello and ate with them! I was proud of the accomplishment!

Pam T.
on 6/13/08 10:18 am - Saginaw, MI
Congrats on your surgery!  I think I skipped the "pureed" stage.  LOL!  I never actually put anything into a blender to chop up so I could eat it.  I just stuck with soft, mushy food that already came like that.  Like egg salad or cream soups or tuna salad or well cooked veggies.  So I don't have any brilliant ideas for what types of food to have.  As for an appliance to use.  I use my mini food processor a lot.  Super cheap too!  Like $10 at Wal-Mart.  The one I have is like this Good job on taking your family out to lunch today.  It is perfectly acceptable to go out for meals.  As you get further out you'll find that almost all restaurants will have someting on their menu that'll work for you -- even if you just get a bowl of soup.  The only place I've found that doesn't work for me is places like Long John Silver where everything on the menu goes into a deep fryer.  :) Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Most Active