Vitamins and Supplements After Surgery

JordansMom
on 6/13/08 1:12 am - Mill Spring, NC
I wanted the sleeve but my insurance only approved the RNY, which is great but I'm not sure what vitamins and supplements that I need after surgery.  I do have the chewable multivitamin but all I'm reading is B12, calcium and all and I'm confused (not that it is hard to confuse me).  Anyone out there that can help?  Where is a good place to get what I need?  I want to get prepare so My husband want have to make a mad dash to the store after I get home.  My surgery is June 30th and I start my liquid on MOnday the 16th and I am so excited. Thanks for everything.
Pam T.
on 6/13/08 10:05 am - Saginaw, MI
2 weeks before my surgery I had a Nutrition Class at my surgeon's office.  At that time they gave us a book that detailed all the food we'd need at each stage, which vitamins and supplements we'd need after surgery and information about where to buy protein powder samples and such.  From what I understand most surgeon's provide this type of information to their patients before surgery.  Give your surgeon's office a call and find out if you'll get all this info too.  If not, then ask them for detailed information so you can be prepared.  (This is what you're paying them for) I did a lot of research before surgery to figure out which multi-vitamn was best for me.  I created a spreadsheet that compared a dozen or so side-by-side.  Here's the to it on my blog: http://pamtremble.blogspot.com/2008/01/mulit-vitamin-comparison.html I settled on the Centrum Chewable Adult Multi.  I'm also taking sublingual B12 (at WalMart) and calcium citrate (carbonate doesn't work after RNY).  I use UpCalD and get it from www.colonialmedical.com -- the direct links are in my profile.  UpCalD is a powdered calcium that mixed in with anything you're eating, or just dump it on your tongue and swallow it with some water.  Definitely call your surgeon's office and see if they can help you out. Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Fluffee
on 7/6/08 5:21 am - Bismarck , ND
I had RNY on March 19th. I had been buying bariatric surgery vitamins from various places online since before the surgery to prepare. I was very disheartened at the prices and the taste. After surgery I had a big problem getting anything down that didn't taste good and things that tasted fine before surgery didn't taste good after. I was looking for some way to be able to help others in my situation, save money, and perhaps make money somehow by distributing products that we need after surgery. Well, it all kind of came together for me and I found a product that I LOVE, it's researched and guaranteed, endorsed by well respected people, and it's available as a business to those of us who wish to distribute and make some money too. If you are interested in more info please feel free to drop me a note - I will NOT bother you. I will send you info and leave it at that. I am not interested in spamming or bugging people. You can also check out my website at www.heartl.com for some more information. I am just a woman who had RNY and ended up finding something I really needed. I want to share that with you all. Blessings, Tarra RNY March 19th 2008 Lost 80 pounds so far!!
Most Active