Gluten-Free Foods OK for DSers?

Vicki PNW
on 6/12/08 4:46 pm
I will be getting together with some relatives this weekend for the first time since my DS surgery nearly a month ago.  My surgeon cleared me to eat solid foods earlier this week after having been on soft foods for nearly 3 weeks. Most of my relatives are celiacs and eat gluten-free foods.  Sometimes we eat gluten-free cakes for desserts.  I ate the same gluten-free foods with my relatives prior to my surgery.  I would like to know if the same foods might be tolerable for a DSer to eat.

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

LizzyL
on 6/14/08 1:49 am - NY
RNY on 06/08/04 with
i would assume so it would be OK to eat gluten free foods.  you should ask this question on the DS surgery message board. I am sure they will have the answer for you. Gluten free foods are great to keep gas and tummy aches issues and problems down. I don't think you'll have any problems eating gluten free foods. good luck and enjoy your family :-) Lizzy

Hugs & Kisses
Lizzybee2.gif

Most Active