5 days out... trying to get it all in

canticles
on 6/13/08 12:33 am - Richardson, TX
I just want to make sure I'm not doing this incorrectly! My instructions say to have a protein drink and drink it over the course of an hour.  Yesterday, I tried an Isopure, but I couldn't get through the whole bottle, even when spacing it out over a whole day.  This morning I tried a protein bullet mixed with 5 oz. of Crystal Light.  I've been able to get it down, but it took 2.5 hours!  Is there anything wrong with taking this long to consume the protein drink? I am rejoicing to get this much in.  I'll tell you that much!  Every day it gets a little easier.
Pam T.
on 6/13/08 10:11 am - Saginaw, MI
It is nearly impossible to get everything in at the very beginning.  You just need to do the best you can and try to do a little bit better the next day.  Eventually you'll work your way up to getting everything -- but it's going to take a few weeks. As for taking more than an hour to finish a protein drink.  If you're drinking the clear liquids (like Isopure in the bottle) then you should be fine to drink it at your own pace.  But if you're mixing a shake that has milk and protein powder, then you definitely want to fini**** in an hour.  If you let it sit out mixed up for more than an hour it will start to grow bacteria and the powder will separate and get yucky.  If you're doing a milk-powder based shake, then you can just mix up a half batch (half scoop powder) and be fine.  Of course, as you get further out, this will be easier to do.  So far, you're doing great! Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

canticles
on 6/14/08 8:03 am - Richardson, TX
Thanks!  I'm feeling so much better today.  I felt up to a longer walk with my dogs (they're little, so no strain).  I finished a whole bottle of water and I'm halfway through #2.  I made a great pina colada flavored protein shake for breakfast and I'm over halfway to my daily requirement for week 1.  So yeah, it's already getting easier!  :D
Most Active