Sugar Problems

mebbecky
on 6/11/08 7:36 pm - Appomattox, VA
Anyone else who didn't have problems with their sugar levels prior to sugery, now have problems with maintaining a reasonable glucose level?
(deactivated member)
on 6/11/08 11:21 pm - Cleveland Heights, OH
Is your sugar going too high or too low?  If it's going too low, you may want to read up on reactive hypoglycemia and see if that matches what's going on with you.  Here's a link to some general information about reactive hypoglycemia ->  http://www.wlscenter.com/HypoglycemiaIntro.htm If you do a search here at OH, you'll find several members who've become hypoglycemic after WLS.  It's a challenge to manage, but it's doable.  I think Melting Mama is one of the more active posters who's hypoglycemic, but she may have some other medical issues going on as well.   It is important that you talk to your doctor's about what's going on with your glucose levels.  This is NOT something you should try to manage on your own.   Good luck on your continuing journey -  Kellie
mebbecky
on 6/11/08 11:31 pm - Appomattox, VA
It's going way too low.  2 Months ago I had a diebetic seizure.  When the EMT's got there it was 40.  Since then I have been back to my Gastric Doc, and have been to see a Endo doc.  I now have an appointment to see a nurtitionist.  There is no rhyme or reason to it.  It seems that no matter how careful of carbs and raw sugar I am, it all boils down to what I eat and when I eat it.  I never had problems before I lost the weight and it has gotten worse over the last 6 months.  I've had thyroid test done, full blood work up and a CT scan of my pancreous.  All are within a "norma" range.  I'm also starting to have swelling in my ankles and am slightly dizzy most of the day. Yes, I'm falling apart...LOL  I really do think that I'm gonna have to micro manage my food intake in order to get it under control. 
Most Active