New Product I <3 as a wls grad....

penthilisea
on 6/9/08 10:32 am - Milford, NJ
It's a whole food vegan smoothie infusion from Sequel Naturals/Vega. One serving has 14 grams of protein, 120 calories, 6 grams of fiber, 1 sugar, Omega 6's and 3's. Ingredients as follows: Yellow pea protein, organic hemp protein, organic sprouted flax seeds, organic brown rice protein, organic green food blend (spirulina, organic wheat grass, organic alfalfa grass, organic barley grass, organic spinach, organic sprouted broccoli, organic kale, organic kelp, organic dulse), inulin (from chicory root), natural flavors, xanthan gum. It a. does NOT taste like crap b. has a mildly sweet tone to it, and minimal chalkiness and c. is an EASY way to make a super healthy smoothie! My recipe is 1/4 of a cup each of plain non fat yogurt (or greek yogurt for richer mouth feel), frozen unsweetened blueberries, frozen unsweetened cherries, 6 oz. orange mango type unsweetened juice, and half of a banana. You get 19 grams of protein this way, 338 calories, 60 carbs, and 5 grams of fat.  PLUS a healthy dose of vitamin C, Iron, and B-6. Not half bad for a cool breakfast or lunch this summer! Also, its totally delicious. I'm super lucky AND cursed- I work in a super high end coffee shop. So scones and cookies and chocolates abound, as well as lattes etc. BUT we also make fruit smoothies, which I jiggered up the aforementioned recipe with. It makes about 24 ounces, which takes me about 90 minutes to consume. P.S. My wicked work indulgence lately has been raw sugar + 6 oz of coffee + 6 oz of steamed 1/2 and 1/2. So good! Lots of milk! and raw sugar doesn't bother me (unfortuanetly).
glitter graphicsglitter graphicsglitter graphics

Mal: "Well, my days of taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." "Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt" Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Most Active