different requirments for different doctors

sherri_rogers
on 6/9/08 7:31 am - san digo, CA
So may doctors have different requirments for thier patients...what is wrong and what is right???? Some doctors say to have 90 grams of protein a day and others say 60 to 70. Some say to have 6 small meals a day and some say only three and no snacking.....i am confused and the reason is because I had my surgery 2 1\2 hours from where I live and I go to a support meeting where I reside but what they talk about and say to do or don't is completely different.
kcduenas
on 6/9/08 5:01 pm - Spokane, WA
I would just do your best to follow the orders your doctor gave you.  I am always confused at what other peoples food stages are compared to mine also...but I am just sticking to what I was told for me.  My doc says 60 grams of protein, start off with 2-3 small meals a day workfing into 6.  I am still on the full liquids (I am 1 week post op) and have yet to even have 2 small meals.....lol.  Best of luck to youl.
Robin W.
on 6/10/08 6:14 am - Franklin, OH
Join the crowd. My doc NEVED wanted me to do shakes. But I did my own research and I did them I NEVER had any hair loss either by the way.  Sometimes you just have to listen to your doc, read and research and do what is best for YOU and YOUR BODY. If you are working out a lot you will need more protein. If you have a really small pouch and stoma you will need to eat more often than others. You just have to listen to your body, what is said in support groups and what your doc says and then make up a plan that works FOR YOU.  Good Luck,  Robin

4'10" - 47 I'm short but not petite and I will weigh more than a 5th grader
Start weight 220 
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"  Dr. Seuss

Most Active