3 day post op

patti P.
on 6/6/08 2:10 pm - Somewhere in , AZ

How should I be eating and what kinds of foods should i be eating on the liquid phase? As clear liquid broths are all I'm eating

Pam T.
on 6/6/08 11:37 pm - Saginaw, MI
Patti - Didn't your surgeon give you any guidelines or sample menus?  If not, call them and ask them for clarification.  Make them help you --- that's their job. You are probably on the clear liquid stage at this point, right?  So basically that means you can eat/drink anything that you can see through.  Of course you want to go for sugar-free, non-carbinated, non-caffeinated beverages.  Are you allowed to have protein shakes yet?  If so, definitely add these to your routine so you're getting all the protein you can. Right now your focus needs to be water and protein.  Get as much of both as you can. Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

patti P.
on 6/7/08 12:36 am - Somewhere in , AZ

YES HE DID HE GAVE ME A SAMPLES MENUS AND EXPLAINED AS LONG AS WERE CLEAR LIQUIDS BUT JUST WANTED TO KNOW WHAT ELSE I COULD EAT.THANKS FOR RESPONDING

carol1234
on 6/8/08 12:06 am - NY
RNY on 06/20/08 with
Try this site for post operative diet.  They give some good information.   I'm finding all types of great information here.. Good luck.   rememer low / no sugar. low carbs and try to get high protien.
Carol !!!
Most Active