DIETITIAN - thyroid removal and change of eating habits

JackieinWA
on 6/3/08 12:27 pm - Lynnwood, WA
Hello.  I had my VGS nearly 8 months ago have had done awesome.  I now had to have my thyroid removed and my eating habits have changed big time.  I am back to craving the carbs and sugars as well as I am hungry much more often.  Do you know if this will diminish as my new med's get adjusted and my TSH and T4 levels even out?  I am concerned that I am going to start putting weight back on.  I have come to far to do that.  Also, any ideas why my cravings had such a quck change? Thanks in advance for your help. Jackie

DJ
on 6/3/08 2:35 pm - Parsippany, NJ

Hi Jackie,

I wish I could offer you knowledge that I knew this would change but I don't.. I had my thyroid removed last year and have experienced weight gain, depression and hunger.

I wish you wellness and health.

Good Luck

Donna

(deactivated member)
on 6/3/08 10:38 pm - Cleveland Heights, OH
Hi, Jackie.  I cannot answer your question, but wanted to make sure you're aware that the dieticians are no longer monitoring this forum.  There's a post from Jeremy a few weeks ago about that change.  I hope you are able to find the information you are seeking, either from someone here at OH or at your doctor's office.  Good luck - Kellie
Most Active