? for those with pernicious anemia after wls--

Loril
on 5/27/08 3:30 am - Hopkins, MN
What kind of treatments are you doing?  I'm beginning to feel my dr isn't aggressive enough.  I do monthly shots and DAILY sublingual but my levels are not coming up too much.  It has been 9 months.  First reading was 146, was 187 and third is 327.  I am having numbness-tingling in forearms and hands.  My toungue hurts daily.  AND I FEEL LOUSY!  Should I get a more aggressive Dr or just go with the program, assuming the levels will just be slow in coming up.  Thanks in advance!  Lori  (I'm three years out and started shots 9 mos ago, before that was just weekly sublingual 2500 mcg)

Lori at Goal  

RNY October 2004

LizzyL
on 5/29/08 8:10 am - NY
RNY on 06/08/04 with
Speak to your primary care Dr asap. and see what they say about switching Dr's to a more aggressive Dr. I was in kind of the same situation with my GYNO Dr. She was NOT very aggessive. And I didn't like that. So I switched my Dr's to a more aggressive Dr that will help me in the long term. If you are NOT comfortable with your current Dr. I do suggest switching Dr.'s so you will get he results that you want. Speak to your primary care Dr first.  In the meantime , try eating more iron enrich foods. Good luck hugss Lizzy

Hugs & Kisses
Lizzybee2.gif

Most Active