Popsicle Recipes

Shelly W.
on 5/25/08 7:31 am - Sumner, WA
Hi all.  I am in the clear liquid pre-op phase.  Day one .  My surgeon requires 10 days pre-op.  I would dearly love to find some popsicles that I can eat.  My problem is that I am allergic to citric acid and ascorbic acid (i.e. no koolaid mix or crystal light).  This means no citrus fruits either (i.e. no OJ, no lemonade).  I cannot find any recipes that are sugar free with only clear liquid that don't have any citrus.  If anyone knows of any it would be greatly appreciated.  May just have to experiement. Thanks, --Shelly
--Shelly

Pam T.
on 5/25/08 12:13 pm - Saginaw, MI
First let me assure you that the pre-op liquid diet DOES get easier.  The first 4 days are brutal, but after that 4th day you'll turn a corner and things will be bearable.  Just imagine how powerful you'll feel when you suceed with this most difficult part of the journey. So you're on clear liquids.  Does that mean you can't have protein shakes?  If you can, then you could always freeze that -- comes out tasting like sherbert or ice cream.  As for popsicles.  I'm totally stumped.  The only kind of popscicles I've ever made was when I was a kid and we'd just freeze koolaid.  Your allergies sure do make life difficult, huh?  Wonder if you can freeze jello. Hope you find something that works... Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

denise822
on 5/31/08 9:35 am - North Bend, OR
I would think you are just going to have to read the labels. There are many sugar free popsicles in the frozen section of most stores. You could always freeze apple juice and add water to it. Or any other type of juice you can have. I wouldn't think pre-op you would have to be on clear liquids. Post op when I was on liquids I could have the drinkable yogurts, sugar free jello, soup (there are quite a few low calorie soups now) protein drinks-  I used Atkins and Low carb slim fast. I hope that helps somewhat.
Most Active