peanut butter

Cindy T.
on 5/22/08 5:00 am - Franklin, IN
I just had my first bites of peanut butter since surgery 4 months ago and I feel worse than I have in a long time.   Was this a wrong choice?  I am at work and had nothing here to eat and no time to go and get anything.....so I chose reduced fat Jif peanut butter.
1ArmyWife1
on 5/22/08 7:08 am
Hey there neighbor.  I'm in Bargersville.  PB can be hard to handle for some.  Wait awhile before you try it again.  This is a good sign for you to think ahead and have some emergency food handy for work.  It happens to all of us in some form or another.  Hang in there. Lori
wendy_fou
on 5/24/08 1:26 am - AR
Peanut butter is really thick and can go down clumpy since we can't drink with meals.  I have switched to PB2 (available at www.bellplantation.com).  It is powdered peanut butter you mix with water.  The consistency is better for us and the fat % is SOOOO much better than real peanut butter.  I saw it recommended by other post-ops on OH, so I ordered it and absolutely LOVE it.  (If you're leary about powdered peanut butter the way I was, order the smallest quantity available or go on eBay and order just one jar before getting a bigger order.  I started with the smallest quantity order and now order it by the 10 pack.  It's so much better than I EVER imagined.)  FYI:  If you're going to stick with Jif, overall Simply Jif is better than Reduced Fat Jif when you look at the overall picture (calories, fat, carbs, fiber & sugar).
  Reduced Fat Jif Simply Jif PB2
calories 190 190 53.2
fat g 12 16 1.87
net carbs 14 4 2.92
fiber 1 2 0.48
sugar 4 2 1.66
protein 8 8 5.65
% calories from fat 56.84% 75.79% 31.64%
Most Active