HAIR LOSS

Renee D.
on 5/21/08 6:06 am - St. Charles, MO
So I knew it would happen, but wow, have I really started lossing a lot of hair.  I know protein is the main thing for the hair, but has anyone found any supplements that help? Thanks Renee
sharlenew
on 5/21/08 6:58 am - Steelville, MO

Mine was coming out all over my hands when I washed it.  It was awful.  I started using Hair, Skin & Nails.  I took one every morning and it really started helping my nails and hair but it took about three weeks before I started noticeing a difference.  I think it was by SourceOne brand from Walmart. Good luck.

Hugs,
Sharlene
(deactivated member)
on 5/21/08 11:32 pm
Good Morning, Renee,  Ahhhhh....I remember the hair loss panic well! Mine lasted from about month 4 to about month 9. Very "textbook" or normal, according to my doc. Here's what I did to get the awesome head of hair I have today. #1- Protein!  As much as you can get in. I ususally tried for at least 100 grams or so. #2- Biotin.  5000mcg (micrograms) or 5 mg (milligrams) This is the same amount. Different manufacturers, different labels. But you need 5 mg's of Biotin every day. This is a B vitamin and you can find it at any vitamin or supplement store. Or you can buy it on-line at http://www.vitaminshoppe.com.  Very important! I still take it to this day. It makes your hair grow.  #3- Silica.  This is a herb, also called horsetail extract. Take 500mg's, twice a day. Morning and night. Makes the new hair grow in stronger. Ok, here's the deal, regarding the hair loss thing.....It happens to a LOT of us. I ended up losing about a quarter of the hair on my head. Evenly all over, not in big chucks, so it was less noticable. It got pretty thin.....But then about month 7 or so.....I saw little "nubbins" of hair starting to stick up, all over my head! It grows back!! Usually a lot more healthy than it was before. Mine is a LOT thicker and longer, than it's been in years! I kept it shoulder length, during my "hair crisis" for about 18 months, then started growing it back long. It's now my pride and joy again!  So hang in there.....it grows back. Try not to panic, it's normal. And take your vitamins!!! Hope this helps!
Most Active