need help

rose56
on 5/16/08 11:30 pm - holbrook, NY

I am 2 months out and I do not know what to eat.  I think sometimes I eat too much or sometimes not enough. 

Can someone please send me a sample menu on what to eat.  I can't do chicken that is to to painful.  i would really appreciate anyones help

Pam T.
on 5/17/08 1:50 am - Saginaw, MI
I checked my food journal for around the 2-month mark and this is what a typical day of eating was for me: Pre-breakfast --- protein shake Breakfast -- yogurt or vanilla egg custard (recipe in my profile) Lunch -- soup (usually a thick stew or chili) Snack -- cheesestick or edamame or dill pickles (I was on a pickle kick around this time) or nuts Dinner -- shrimp or more thick soup or part of a tortilla pizza I was averaging around 600-700 calories and getting about 60-70g protein. HTH Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

rose56
on 5/17/08 2:52 am - holbrook, NY
thank you so much, by thick soup do you mean cream soup.
Pam T.
on 5/17/08 3:26 am - Saginaw, MI
Not necessarily cream soups, but stew-like soups.  Not chicken noodle soup that's really brothy.  Soup with more substance than broth.  does that make sense? Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Dave Chambers
on 5/17/08 10:51 am - Mira Loma, CA
In regards to quantity, my surgeon has us have meals of 2 ounces for the first few months. I bought those little disposable one ounce cups for ketchup or coctail sauce at a food supply store. This helps you get an idea of portioning. A couple of months from now, you may want to go to 3-4 oz per meal. Most post ops I know tend to have around 5-6 oz meals, maybe slightly more. 4 oz of protein, some veggies, little starch for meals.  Start with the measuring cups.  If you eat too much, many feel a heavy "weight" on their chest or you may throw up. If you think you're full, then stop. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

rose56
on 5/17/08 1:13 pm - holbrook, NY
that is a great idea thank you
cathy1128
on 5/31/08 11:26 am
I am 6 weeks out and reading all these posts, I feel that I have no clue what I should be eating.  I have not had a single protein shake, and honestly have no clue what they are.  My Dr, said to avoid them so that is what I have done.  I haven't had any problems with food, however, I haven't really eaten anything other than protein. my typical day is B 4 oz yogurt; L 3oz Tuna w/ relish no mayo; S cheesestik; D 3-4 oz chicken, fish, or red meat cut super tiny.   I am usually not able to finish any of my portions because I am too full, but recently have been getting hungry about an hour or so after eating.  I try to drink about 40 oz a day, but between feeling full and not being able to drink (only sip) I find getting my fluids not as easy as it used to be.  Any feed back would be great
Most Active