Recommended Protein Products

kerbybird
on 5/15/08 4:12 am - San Francisco, CA
I've been scanning the nutrition forum and wondering if there is any where to look for most highly recommended protein products for post-op wls.  I'm of course primarily interested in taste and consistency.  My surgery will most likely be sometime in June and need some help deciding what protein suppliments to try - powder, liquid, or puddings.  Thanks so much!
Pam T.
on 5/15/08 6:38 am - Saginaw, MI
Right after my surgery I lived on protein powder samples.  Trying about 4 dozen different kinds, brands, flavors, et****il I found a few that I loved enough to buy a whole jar of.  I have a list of online and local resources of where to get sample packs -- it's listed on my OH Profile.   Initially I bought the 21-flavor pack from www.enjoyhealth.com. Then filled in with various samples from local stores (GNC & Meijer) and then from www.bariatriceating.com.  Also got some samples from friends and members of my local support group. Whatever you do -- don't buy a flavor based entirely on someone elses recommendation.  It simply doesn't work that way.  You have to try them on your own and preferrably AFTER surgery since your taste buds will change afterward.   For me, I used Body Fortress brand (Wal-Mart) before surgery and thought it was fine.  Right after surgery I hated it!  Then at around the 3 month mark I tried it again and loved it again.  Go figure. Good luck Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

marckwhite
on 5/15/08 9:39 am
Just because we are confined to primarily protein does'nt mean we have to sacrifice taste.  There several great tasting proteins on the market today.  Compared to what they used to be, they are remarkably delicious.  My favorite by far is Syntha 6 in Strawberry.  Hands down the best tasting protein on the planet.  It comes in chocolate, vanilla and cookies n cream as well.  Enjoy!
kerbybird
on 5/15/08 10:34 am - San Francisco, CA
Thanks to both of you for your kind responses.  Pam, I was particularly interested in your comment about taste buds changing.  Makes sense but hadn't thought about that.
Most Active