how are rising grocery costs affecting the way you eat and shop?

luvsexytrstno1
on 5/14/08 9:22 am - Anchorage, AK
I am in the process of reviewing a new low carb slow cooker cookbook so I went out yesterday to buy ingredients for about 10 of the receipes.  I spent over $400.00 between Costco and Fred Meyer.  Yes, I bought some non food items (diapers for example) but honestly, it was mostly food.  I posted photos of the grocery store receipts on my blog and photos of some of the prices listed on the meats for example.  I know that I live in Alaska so what I am paying is probably more than what most other areas are paying, but by how much?  if any?  I would love to know how other people are dealing with the rising costs of groceries.  Please feel free to comment on my blog.  I am really curious if I am paying much more than average.  http://luvsexytrstno1.blogspot.com/2008/05/how-are-rising-gr ocery-prices-affecting.html
Frankie Lee
on 5/18/08 12:29 pm - WI
i feel like i too live in alaska the way food is costing these days...its just me and my 15 yr old and either she eats what i eat or just be hungry...i try to make sure that i continue to buy my special food and skimp, buy less than i used to for the house food...its always been pretty expensive so not too much has changed...
Seek Heaven
Most Active