Cereal???

Kris H.
on 5/13/08 1:06 pm - Yucca Valley, CA
I was wondering if anyone knows of a Low Sugar cold cereal?  I have been craving cereal and in the grocery store all I have found is cereals loaded with sugar.  I have a hard time tolerating sugar alcohols too.  I have even looked into Glucerna cereal and it has 10grams per serving.  That is way to much for me. If anyone can give me some names to look into I would really appreciate it.  Thanks

Starting weight 257          Surgery Day 243          Current 149           Goal 145

Av8trx
on 5/13/08 6:30 pm - north-central, AZ
Just a reminder - check the serving size and compare it to what you really eat.  You might only be eating half a serving. - Kailolu

Candice M.
on 5/15/08 9:03 pm - Birmingham, AL
Kashi Go Lean Makes a cereal that has 13 grams protein & only 7 grams sugar... look for that one... also Special K Protein... 10 g protein & low sugar... can't remember how much exactly but it is really low... I want to say only 2 g?  I buy those cereals at Walmart....
K-in-PA
on 5/20/08 1:02 pm - PA
Hi Lo (maple pecan) manufactured by Nutritious Living.   1/2 cup serving size Cals = 90 Total Fat = 2g Sat Fat = 0g Trans Fat = 0g Chol = 0mg Sodium = 120mg Potassium = 200mg Total Carbs = 13g Dietary Fiber = 7g Sol Fiber = 1g Insol Fibert = 5g Sugars = 1g Protein = 12g Contains soy bits and splenda.
Just_Jane
on 5/20/08 2:06 pm - Plymouth, MI
I mix a scoop of vanilla protein powder with my "milk" and pour it over any of these Bite-sized shredded wheat    1 cup 5g protein no sugar or sugar alcohols. Generic Cheerios         1 cup 3g protein, 1g sugar no sugar alcohols. Uncle Sam               .75 cup 7g protein, less than a gram of sugar, no sugar alcohols. I don't use dairy, I use an unsweetened vanilla flavored almond milk at only 40 calories in 8 ounces.  It has one gram of protein and no sugar or sugar alcohol The protein powder (right now I'm using some from Wal-mart, any of it will work) makes it healthy and the whole grain is the best carbs for us.  I do watch the portion sizes and sometimes I mix some cinnamon with the protein powder. I can get the cereals anywhere, the Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla comes from Trader Joes.  I think most health food stores either do carry it or will order it for you.
Most Active