Soft cheese

mumorito
on 5/12/08 8:52 pm - Ramstein, apo, Germany

I am 2 weeks post op and my Dr. said I can starting eating soft cheese. What would be considered soft cheese? Does cheedar count?

Dave Chambers
on 5/12/08 10:37 pm - Mira Loma, CA
Cheddar is considered a harder cheese. Try low fat string cheese, Colby cheese, etc. Those cheeses that are quite soft in "hardness".  These softer cheeses are easier for your new pouch to digest. I get the string cheese in 1 oz individual packages in the deli area of my market. Some Colby cheese there too--made primarily for kids lunch boxes, but the portion size works great. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Pam T.
on 5/13/08 2:41 am - Saginaw, MI
I Googled "what is soft cheese?" ...  kind of cool that I found a site that worked.  Check it out: http://www.foodsubs.com/Chesoft.html Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Most Active