Please HELP my family is driving me crazy!!!

(deactivated member)
on 5/11/08 11:45 pm - WV
I had a LAP RNY did on May 7th. I've had complications from the surgery (ie: large hematoma over my left flank) and I'm on the full liquid diet now. I haven't been eating more than I'm supposed too and been drinking like told. This morning I got up and asked if I could have a ounce of egg beaters and my family has argued with me all morning long over it. I called my dietician and they said I could have egg beaters. I'm so depressed! Every time I ask for food my family comes in with "JUST eat Jello or broth" I CAN"T FREAKING LIVE ON BROTH! OR Just drink the protein drinks I CAN"T DRINK THOSE 3 TIMES A DAY EITHER! Then my husband this morning said I've been pushing the limit since I got out of the hospital and honestly I haven't YET ate too much. I always give my bowls back half full of soup! Please PLEASE tell me what I can eat because the book the hospital gave me is vague. I'm to the point now where I want to just go lay down and starve to death!
Pam T.
on 5/12/08 12:26 am - Saginaw, MI
If your dietician told you that you're allowed to eat certain foods, then do it.  If you need a list of specific foods you're allowed to eat, then ask your dietician.  Or did she give you any type of guidelines for what types of food you should be eating (full liquids?  soft foods? pureed foods?). If that's the case, then we can give you some ideas based on that guideline. As for the family.  Sounds like you need to sit down and have a serious talk with your husband and the other family members who are giving you grief.  You're a grown adult and know what you're suppose to be eating or not eating --- they need to recognize that and stop treating you like a child.  If you stand up for yourself, you'll get further than letting them walk all over you. Here's a couple links that might help http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/nutrition/Nutritional-Guid elines-Following-Weight-Loss-Surgery.html http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/nutrition/Roux-en-Y-Gastri c-Bypass-Diet-and-Nutrition-Guidelines.html Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

(deactivated member)
on 5/12/08 12:29 am - WV
Hey girl yeah they didn't give me a full list its just generalizations like Stage 1 water Stage 2 clear liquid Stage 3 full liquid etc .. So if u guys can give me a list I'd greatly appreciate it. I agree I need to sit down and talk with them bc its beginning to get a tad bit ridiculous. ugh.
Pam T.
on 5/12/08 12:33 am - Saginaw, MI
Oops.  I just re-read your post and you said you're on FULL liquids.  So if you're only having jello and broth, you're actually doing CLEAR liquids.  You can move up to different foods -- such as: Protein Shakes Milk Yogurt Cottage Cheese Pudding Cream Soups Cream of Wheat Cereal (thin) Baby Food I have a recipe in my profile for Vanilla Egg Custard.  Packed with protein but super yummy.  I lived on this stuff for the first month or two after surgery.  Delicious!   And it's a full liquid! Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

(deactivated member)
on 5/12/08 8:53 am - WV
Yeah its full liquid and Wednesday I'm supposed to be fully transitioned to pureed. I'll go look at ur profile now thanks for the recipe I need it.
Most Active