Help

Meg S.
on 5/8/08 7:59 am
Can anyone give me the breakdown of a daily diet?  I mean things like carbs, fats, sugars, etc.  I need a number to work with.  Unfortunately my insurance does not pay for a nut to work with me.  I have one visit before that is it.  Thanks in advance. Meg

Pam T.
on 5/9/08 12:22 am - Saginaw, MI
You're just 1 week post-op, right?  At this early stage you DO NOT need to worry about the numbers and count calories.  You need to focused on portion size and counting protein grams and getting all your water in.   You should be shooting for 60-80g of protein per day.  At the beginning, it's nearly impossible to accomplish this without protein shakes.  And you probably won't even start to hit that 60-mar****il you're about 3 or 4 weeks out.  But slowly work your way up to the target range. You should be shooting for 64oz of water per day.  Again, it's going to be a few weeks before you can accomplish that on a consistant basis, but do your best.  I wasn't given a calorie range to follow until I hit 3 months.  Then I was told to get in about 800-1000 calories per day.  Before 3 months I was told to eat protein first, add a tablespoon of fruit or veggies and a tablespoon of a starch (2-3 crackers, 2 bites mashed potatoes, etc.)... but only add the extra side dishes if I had finished my protein serving first. I didn't start adding side dishes until about 6 weeks.  HTH Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Most Active