need 16 lb pre-op weight loss

shug_detroit
on 5/5/08 6:59 am - Detroit, MI
What do you recommend as a good low/no carb recipes. I have to follow these and lose 16lbs by may 30. I need help.

Stefanie Bailey RN
BSN RNFA ...

on 5/5/08 1:14 pm - Bandera, TX

You might try the Isagenix nutritional cleansing and fat burning program.  The average loss is 7 pounds on the 9 day program.

www.stefaniebailey.isagenix.com

Pam T.
on 5/5/08 11:43 pm - Saginaw, MI
Hi Shug -  Is your surgeon putting you on a pre-op liquid diet?  I had to do 2 weeks on all liquids just before surgery and lost 15 pounds.   So you may consider doing 3 protein shakes per day and a light dinner of lean protein and steamed veggies.  Definitely check with your nutritionist before you try something like this though.  If your surgeon didn't give you any advice at all on how to go about losing the weight before surgery, call and ask them for help -- you're paying them for this type of stuff.  Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

H A.
on 5/7/08 1:34 am - NOR CAL, CA
I lost 17 lbs in a month before my surgery. I drank protein drinks and one meal a day. I was very motivated because they were not going to approve my surgery. Otherwise I'm not sure I could have done it for much longer.

Best of luck.
Heidi
Most Active