Protein Pudding and Bullets

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/7/08 5:38 am - OH
A protein bullet looks like a very large plastic test tube of half-thickened jello.  It has 3 oz of liquid in it, and comes in either 25g of protein or 42g varieties.  New Whey is one manufacturer, Profect is the other.  You can get them online or at GNC and sometimes at other health food specialty or vitamin stores (like Vitamin Shoppe or Health Food Unlimited) .  They are a bit expensive, have a weird texture, and I don't know anyone who actually LIKES the taste, but some are easier to "gag down" than others. Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

kreaturdesnacht
on 5/7/08 9:13 am - Akron, OH
Thanks! I'll ask my nutritionist about them.
Meg S.
on 5/8/08 7:56 am
I found my bullets at Vitamin Shoppe and I bought them in a full box for $2.69 per bullet.  They are good if you mix them with something.  Here is the recipe I use:            3 ice cubes           1/4 cup water           1 sugar free popsicle           1/3 of the bullet           Blend in a blender or Majic Bullet It turns it into a slushy.  At first you can eat it with a spoon and then it is a cold drink.  I have done this with the orange and it tastes just like the orange popsicle.  Give it a try.   Meg          

marckwhite
on 5/15/08 9:55 am

I think the controversy about absorption is relative only to the individual.  Certain people can absorb more than others, but everyone can train their bodies to absorb by eating more on a regular basis which in turn would lead to higher absorption.  Some pro bodybuilders for instance can easily absorb 75 grams or more per hour while the average person is probably much less than that.   I always get the best deal on my New Whey Shots at SupplementKingdom.com  and sometimes they give free shipping to so its the best price.  They still have instone protein pudding too! Hope this helps

Most Active