Starting pre-op liquid diet, what is a good nonflavored protien powder that I can mix with my...

Bard4fun
on 5/4/08 8:44 pm
I am starting my pre-op liquid diet in just a few days and I will be on it for 3 weeks. I am looking for a good Nonflavored protien powder that I can mix with my broth? Or should I say favorless? I have heard that, that is a good way to get your protien and sometimes I 'm sure I will want something more savoy than a Chocolate or Vanilla protien Shake. I have heard that some don't mix well with stuff after its been heated, just lumps up, so I would of course want to hear about any that did not work as well. And should it be whey protien isolate? Any hints suggestion and where to buy will also be helpful, as money is tight and I cannot afford to buy an unproven product, and these are never cheap. Thank you so much, I welcome all comments on things that make pre-op diet easier.
H A.
on 5/7/08 1:31 am - NOR CAL, CA
Unjury makes a good one, though I've never tried it with broth. They do make a chicken soup flavor I think you can buy samples and test it out.

You will have to order it online. I've never found it in a store. It's well worth it and a very good quality protein.

Best of luck.
Heidi
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/7/08 5:40 am - OH
I second the suggestion of Unjury.  The unflavored has no flavor that I can detect (although a few people DO).  The chicken soup is tasty but a bit salty. Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

marckwhite
on 5/9/08 7:12 am
I would suggest Optimum Nutrition Any Whey it is without a doubt the best protein I've used to cook with. Awesome pancakes and im sure it would work with broth although i have never tried it.
lakelady
on 5/12/08 6:05 am - CT
I have the Unjury unflavored, but be advised that they say not to heat it to over 130 degrees or it may lump.
Most Active